United Way of Western Connecticut administers the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) in the Cities of Danbury and Stamford. Funds are allocated to each city from through Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to address community needs in the areas of food, lodging in a mass shelter or hotel, rent or mortgage payments, or equipment needed to feed or shelter people.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- The amount of funding for each City is determined by FEMA for each phase of the program.
- A Local Board is established and convened by United Way. An application for funding through EFSP is developed by the local board for each phase of funding and released to the community. A Public Notice for each phase of funding must appear in a local newspaper.
- Local nonprofit agencies apply for funding through the program. The amount allocated to each agency is determined by the Local Board. Agencies must complete interim and final reports per federal requirements.
- For information about EFSP in Danbury, contact Victoria Scofield at 203-883-6704, Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about EFSP in Stamford, contact Nicole Granskog at 203-883-6034, Nicole.email@example.com.
$151,709 was distributed in the Cities of Danbury and Stamford during the most recent EFSP phase, Phase 35
22 agencies in Danbury and Stamford receive funding through this program